Yoga works because it plays the music of the soul…
To celebrate International Yoga Day (21st June) here are 8 tips to a healthier lifestyle
How are we doing? Really?
Really busy or too busy?
Too busy doing to enjoy being?
The signs and symptoms of stress are insidious: they creep in and we forget how it feels to be “de-stressed” as distress takes over. It might be over or under eating, shallow breathing, a sudden deterioration in vision (physically and emotionally). You may have become snappy and less patient? Learn how to read the signals and then how to turn them around. In the end it doesn’t matter that we are stressed and feeling overwhelmed, but how we manage and learn to deal with it.
- Take care of yourself first. This means you will be able to continue to care for others who rely on you. So let’s learn to nourish, nurture and love ourselves. Know how to de-stress and do it often – healthily!
- Eat nutritious foods. What we eat affects our brain, our moods, our nervous system and every function of our bodies. Plan ahead and make the time to eat “well.”
- Have regular yoga practice. Yoga and meditation are good for all elements of health. The skills we learn mean that inn daily life we will be able to become better at choosing how we react to potential causes of stress. Breathe your way through to calmness.
- Laugh more. Laughing releases feel-good hormones called endorphins. Feel happy, smile more and attract positivity.
- Spend time with genuine inspirational people. Share the company of others who love, admire and respect you just the way you are. Build relationships based on honesty, trust and respect.
- Chill! We tend to become serious and intolerant when we’re stressed. We forget to be kind and lose our sense of humour. Learn to let go – allow events to unfold naturally.
- Ask for help and learn to delegate. It’s much nicer to share tasks at home and at work; people feel involved and appreciated. We feel less isolated and more connected to each other.
- Be grateful. Learn to count our blessings; for our life, our loved ones, our very breath.
Just dive in and go with the flow…